Aztec Print has a full in house design service.
If you have designed your artwork yourself and are submitting it for printing only, please follow the guidelines listed below to ensure that your order proceeds quickly and efficiently. If you are unsure - we are always at the end of the phone.
Even when Artwork is supplied, we will still provide a hard copy proof for you to sign off before proceeding to print. This is part of one of our quality procedures, and ensures that there are no "gliches" between computers.
Artwork can be supplied using either Quark Express, Illustrator, Photoshop, word, publisher or as a print ready pdf file.
When artwork is supplied, we will provide you with a hard copy proof to check over FREE OF CHARGE.
When artwork is being created we require the following:
- Any items which have colour bleeding off the edge of the document must have a minimum of 3mm bleed all the way around. This means that when your document is then trimmed, there are no deviations which will show as a fine white line on the edge of your print.
- Images - photos - must be converted from RGB to CMYK and have a minimum of 300dpi. Photographs taken with a digital camera will always transfer onto your computer using RGB. You must convert these images to CMYK for printing purposes as this is the process used for printing. If the images are not converted, there will be a variance in colour.
- Any fonts used must be embedded. Any fonts which are not embedded on artwork supplied will cause problems with your finished product.
- It is important that your artwork is positioned correctly on your layout. especially when backing up. If you do create your artwork in Microsoft word, publisher, powerpoint, excel for example, these are NOT design programmes and you will have issues with centralizing and printing both sides.
- PDF Files - when creating a pdf file to submit for printing, please ensure that all images on your document are converted to CMYK, you have a minimum of 3mm bleed all the way around your document, and that all fonts are embedded.
- When using Photoshop - and you have layers on your artwork - it is important that the number of layers are flattened before creating the PDF. By ensuring that the layers are flattened this will mean that your finished print product is as you expected.
- Sizing: Business cards - finished size: 85 x 55mm. When creating your artwork, you will need to add on a 3mm bleed all the way round to your finished size document, i.e. 85mm plus 3mm + 3mm bleed = 91mm, 55mm plus 3mm + 3mm bleed = 61mm.
- Our new technology in our Design Studio can now allow us to check your files for you before we proceed to print. This can be done at an additional cost of just £3.50 per file. It will ensure that there are no discrepancies with fonts missing and that all images are CMYK.
Our Production Hall is fully equipped with two printing presses both printing using vegetable based inks, folding department, Finishing department, packing and distribution departments. All departments throughout Aztec Print have a quality procedure to follow ensuring attention to detail throughout. Our environment policy also has procedures in place continuing to improve our impact on the environment. Although it is already minimal, we strive to find new and better solutions all the time.
Aztec Print distribution & quick turnaround
Deliveries are made by our own vehicles to Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Lampeter, Tregaron, Carmarthen and surrounding area in Ceredigion, and in Powys - we deliver to Llanidloes, Newtown, Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Telford, Builth Wells, Rhayader, Llangurig, Montgomery and many more areas covering the whole of Mid Wales.